Results tagged “richard keogh” from Coventry City Banter - Join the debate with CCFC fans, staff writers and club legends

West End Boy

Coventry City's Woes

By West End Boy on Feb 5, 12 08:34 PM in Fans

Saturday's defeat was hard to stomach for the fans and players.

Having clawed their way back into the game before half time they threw it away with a debatable penalty and a last minute winner.

But in truth Ipswich had the better chances and but for Murphy and a poor finish from Chopra, it could have been over a lot earlier.

Upfront City now cause team's a problem. Nimley is a constant threat with his pace and trickery. Platt gives us a physical presence and wins more than his fair share of headers and knock downs. It just needs the other players to start playing off these more.

The midfield need boosting with Clingan and McSheffrey busy but both Deegan and Bell being too inconsistent at this level. Norwood has been brought in but will need a few games before we can form an opinion.

In defence we are now starting to struggle.

With Christie out, Clarke got a start and looked totally off the pace. This is hardly surprising given his long injury and lack of games. But with Herman out, Thorn had few choices.

The thing I don't understand is why we are playing two key defenders out of position?

Why is Richard Wood, our most experienced centre half playing left back when we have a right back playing centre half?

Don't get me wrong Keogh is a good player, probably our player of the season but when he plays at right back he gives us more going forward than he can when playing in the heart of the defence.

Wood is a solid defender and does his best to get forward but he is not a natural fullback like Keogh.

So having now started to score goals, it seems our defence, which had been fairly reliable is now the problem.

UPROAR will no-doubt be the order of the day once Ben Turner's inevitable move away from the club is sealed.

I am of course being fairly presumptuous, given that Turner is currently only on the verge of leaving the Sky Blues. We know all too well that transfers can have an irritating tendency to crumble at the eleventh hour, as we've often found out to our detriment.

If he is to leave, he can do so with his head held high.

PM954716@LS070810city-49.jpg

Richard Keogh loving being part of Coventry City's Shamrock Mafia

I've met a lot of people since I came to Coventry and the first thing most of them say to me is "you don't sound very Irish!"

Lee Carsley is a winner, says Aidy Boothroyd

AIDY Boothroyd has hailed captain Lee Carsley's key contribution to Coventry City's encouraging Championship start.

PM883420@.jpg

Richard Keogh excited over Coventry City move

CROWD-PLEASER Richard Keogh is hoping to be an instant hit with Coventry City fans.

Coventry City World Cup 2010 - last 16: Games three and four

ENGLAND'S World Cup dream might be over, but our competition to decide the best Coventry City player of all time is still alive and kicking.

PM881210@4334429.jpg

Coventry City set to swoop for Carlisle United defender

NO-NONSENSE attacking right-back Richard Keogh is set to join Coventry City this week.

Simon Grayson yet to decide on Michael Doyle future?

MICHAEL DOYLE looks set to return to pre-season training with Coventry City with his future in limbo.

July 2014

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
    1 2 3 4 5
27 28 29 30 31