Results tagged “michael doyle” from Coventry City Banter - Join the debate with CCFC fans, staff writers and club legends

PM1168532@LS11210city-52.jpg

Michael Doyle honoured to be Coventry City captain

IN-FORM Michael Doyle says he was honoured to be made Coventry City captain at the weekend.

Ray Ranson interview: Coventry City were 'too relaxed' under Chris Coleman

RAY Ranson and SISU rode into town and saved Coventry City from administration on December 14, 2007.

LIKE Nick Clegg in a student union bar, to me, Coventry City do not seem totally at home whilst occupying the play-off positions.

That is not to say we don't deserve our place in the upper reaches of the table. Oh no.

It's just that, after years of mediocrity, our recent transformation into a team now displaying consistency, a concept that has been totally alien to Sky Blue sides of yester year, has all been a bit sudden.

Week after week I expect us to tumble out of the play-offs, continuing our descent until we reach much more familiar territory; mid table. I put this down to the fact that I, as a relatively young Coventry fan, am simply not used to success, and to me, the last few months can without doubt be classed as successful.

The question on my mind now is whether we're capable of going the distance; will Coventry City be there or thereabouts come May?

PM1020578@DJ180910CITY_37.jpg

Clive Platt: I'm playing the best football of my career

COVENTRY City hero Clive Platt believes he's playing some of the best football of his career.

Michael Doyle is unsung hero for Coventry City, says Clive Platt

CLIVE Platt has hailed Michael Doyle as an unsung hero for Coventry City.

PM891324@DJ020710CITY_4.jpg

Aidy Boothroyd hails Coventry City's revamped defence

AIDY Boothroyd has hailed the revamped defence that halted a sequence of three consecutive defeats and steered Coventry City to their morale-boosting 1-0 win against Burnley.

Coventry City 1 Burnley 0 - Andy Turner's verdict

MANAGERS veer towards the myopic when they analyse games and Brian Laws' take was that his Burnley side dominated proceedings at the Ricoh Arena before being robbed by Coventry's only shot on target.

PM1031702@DJ250910CITY_12.jpg

Michael Doyle backs Marlon King to get goals

MICHAEL Doyle is backing team-mate Marlon King to get the goals to put Coventry City back in contention in the top six of the Championship.

Banter: Is Clive Platt the key to a winning Coventry City side?

HAVING watched Coventry City a number of times this season one of our most consistent and now key players is the unlikely Clive Platt.

July 2014

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
    1 2 3 4 5
27 28 29 30 31