March 2013 Archives

ON the eve of the court hearing when we will hopefully finally know what is going to happen in terms of administration,points deduction,and where we will be playing our final home games,it is without doubt a very worrying time for our club.

As a Sky Blue fan I hope for a positive result and all those involved behind the scenes can sit down and get this mess sorted out once and for all and let us supporters get on and do what we want to do and that is to just follow our club and get behind them home and away.

But will this soap opera carry on and on until us fans go completely insane with it all ?
As it is turning out to be a farce and should be turned into a play but it is no laughing matter for us City fans more like a Horror movie.

G T

It's Now or Never!

By G T on Mar 14, 13 10:01 AM in Fans

How apt that a song from one Mr Pressley sums up the latest escalation in the ongoing rent row to the other Mr Pressley, who is now running team affairs. If the latter ever thought things would run smoothly in his tenure at Coventry City, he may now have some idea of what he has let himself in for.

It would appear that the "Posturing" is over, the time for "he said" - "she said" and "My dad's bigger than your dad" has come to an end and there will be a result very soon that could well lay out the future for Coventry City Football Club.

From the recent rhetoric, it would appear that only one side in the argument have the best interest of the football club at their heart, that only one side are prepared to look to the future and place the club on a sustainable footing to allow it to grow and exist in the long term. That only one side in this whole affair is blameless and is working for the betterment of CCFC? But can we be sure which side that is?

CCFC have, this week, been spoken about in Parliament, no less, and we will soon be the star attraction in the High Court in London, with all the press exposure that will bring, with a possibility of an end to the long running soap opera that we have, for too long, been viewed as.

There are reports of new owners, waiting in the wings, who are just waiting for the right time to come in and take us to the next level, with the promise of funds to make a challenge for the Premier League and big crowds etc etc. - Sound Familiar?

As for me, I would like us to be a club that made headlines for the right reasons, back to the days when we were a decent football club, with decent players and decent fans and, more importantly "Decent Owners".

As the song (almost) goes:

"Tomorrow will be too late,
it's now or never
My club won't wait."

I COULDN'T resist getting in an Elvis track in the headline but I'll leave them alone now because we are at the serious end of the season and if we are going to challenge for a play off place we have to get focused on winning matches.

With a record being set of Eleven away wins on the road it proves that the City can battle and put in the effort when required but they have to do the same at the Ricoh and we have two home matches this week to get back within reach of the top six.

The next three games are against teams fighting to stay in this division in Colchester United,Hartlepool,and Portsmouth,so I imagine a lot of fans will see these matches as an easy nine points ?

SO the crucial seven days I wrote about have come and gone and it leaves us with an away win but two home defeats so it will take a miracle now to get into a play off position.And to be honest you have to say after watching our performance against Swindon Town that we would look out of place there anyway.

Swindon were far better than us all over the field especially in the second half when it was wave after wave of attacking and it was amazing that it took them so long to secure all three points.

Why we are so poor at home is a bit of a mystery but how on earth can some fans still say we can still get promotion when teams just turn up at our place and go away with the win ?