January 2013 Archives

G T

Wear SKY BLUE for JPT game!

By G T on Jan 30, 13 11:23 AM in Fans

With a sold out game, in what will surely be the biggest game some fans have ever seen, the Ricoh Arena will be THE place to be, but to increase the atmosphere, Coventry City are supporting two fan led initiatives for the Johnstones Paint Trophy Northern Area Final against Crewe Alexander next Tuesday night.

The first:
asks for every City supporter coming to the game to bring a Coventry City scarf which should be displayed every time the sky blue song is sung!

The second:
Calls for every City fan to turn up wearing Sky Blue!

Speaking to the club website, Ticketing manager Dan Walker said; "There has been lots of talk on social media regarding supporters bringing scarves and wearing sky blue on the night and that would be fantastic.

"It is the fans' own initiative but we will try to support it and get the message out to other supporters as much as we can."

Lets try to make it a night to remember......................

PUSB

BEEN reading in the Coventry Telegraph today that the Crewe Paint Trophy tie is heading for a sell out next week with all the home tickets almost gone.

While that is great for the club and it will create a fantastic atmosphere on the night it has to be asked "where have all these fans been and where are they coming from ?

Then again with tickets only costing a Fiver and the possibility of a day out at Wembley if the City get through to the Final you can see the reason why.

THE City left it late against Oldham on Saturday but what a cracking finish from Bailey and they are fast becoming a side that never gives up which is great to see.

But with all the chances we create during a game there's no need really to have us fans biting our nails as we should be relaxed and have the points in the bag.

The Sky Blues play some decent football and at times look a lot better than the opposition but they let them back in far too easy by squandering chances and that needs sorting out if we want to get into the Play Offs.

G T

Deal or No Deal?

By G T on Jan 16, 13 09:10 AM in Fans

SO, what does the council bail out mean for SISU's future at Coventry City?

Is it the end of their gamble to get the ground on the cheap?

Are they really going to pay the £1m+ that they owe for rent?

Did they have a "Plan B" in place, should ACL not go into administration?

Could it spell the end for CCFC as we know it?

As always, there are likely to be more questions than answers, but this deal could spell the end for CCFC as we currently know it.

It looks as though SISU were trying to push ACL under, sending them bankrupt to enable them to buy the stadium and land for next to nothing, so now that cannot happen, what are SISU going to do next?

Are they really prepared to put any more money into the club, to enable Mark Robbins to continue his successful rebuilding job. There are real signs of recovery on the playing side and there is a possible chance of a return trip to Wembley in the not too distant future, not to mention the possibility of a play off place come the end of the season.

Let's hope that all the players involved in this ongoing drama can get together sooner, rather than later, sit down and work out a plan that gives hope and a future to Coventry City Football Club.

WHAT a great feeling it was when Leon Clarke banged home the winning goal against Preston last night,and we all went a bit mental in Singers Corner to be honest.

I never thought we had it in us to win the match as Preston are our bogey side and once again they looked to have the measure of the City and were tough and resilient as was expected.

But what fighting spirit and a never say die attitude the Sky Blues showed and with the fans roaring them on it was just a pleasure to have been there.