Xmas Wishes?

By G T on Dec 24, 12 12:24 PM in Fans

Here's to a wonderful 2013! With the team on the up and with the possibility of a trip to Wembley, things are looking decidedly better than at the same time last year!

On the upside:

We (currently) have the top scorer in League One, the players are giving their all for Mark Robbins, We have suffered only One defeat in our last 12 games, the gates are increasing and the team have been playing some very attractive football.

We have signed a new Striker in Leon Clarke, who is proven at this level with 11 goals in 15 outings this season and although he is only on trial, it is with a view to a permanent deal if he proves his fitness etc. In Fact it was Clarke who scored both of the goals in our only defeat in the last 12, when he notched both goals for Scunthorpe, back in November!

On the Downside:

It would appear as though we are about to lose the League 1 top scorer, with Leon Clarke bought in to replace David McGoldrought, who looks to be leaving the club when his loan spell expires shortly. There is no end in sight to the disagreement over the rent at the Ricoh.

So, as you would expect, it's a pretty mixed bag, as usual, for long suffering Sky Blues fans, but there does look to be a lot more hope around the place. The team are playing decent football and we have two massive cup games on the horizon, with a trip to Spurs in the FA Cup on the 5th Jan, followed by the return of Preston North End on the 10th.

January will be a very eventful month for the Sky Blues and may be a pivotal time in our season, It will be nice to get a draw at White Hart Lane and a full house at the Ricoh for the replay, followed by a trip to Wembley in the Johnstone's Paint Trophy, and rounded off with a play - off place and a second trip to Wembley at the end of the season.

There you have it Santa - it's not too much to ask for - is it?????????????????