December 2012 Archives

SO we are still unsure as to what's going to happen to the Ricoh as the deadline has come and gone and its gone silent as all parties involved are remaining tight lipped leaving us fans wondering where we are going to be watching "home" games for the remainder of the season.

Just when the team is doing well and moving in the right direction under the best manager we've had for decades we've still got this financial mess hanging around like a pain that just won't go away.

Add to that the David McGoldrick will he go or stay question it proves without doubt that supporting the Sky Blues is not for the timid or faint hearted is it ?

G T

Xmas Wishes?

By G T on Dec 24, 12 12:24 PM in Fans

Here's to a wonderful 2013! With the team on the up and with the possibility of a trip to Wembley, things are looking decidedly better than at the same time last year!

On the upside:

We (currently) have the top scorer in League One, the players are giving their all for Mark Robbins, We have suffered only One defeat in our last 12 games, the gates are increasing and the team have been playing some very attractive football.

We have signed a new Striker in Leon Clarke, who is proven at this level with 11 goals in 15 outings this season and although he is only on trial, it is with a view to a permanent deal if he proves his fitness etc. In Fact it was Clarke who scored both of the goals in our only defeat in the last 12, when he notched both goals for Scunthorpe, back in November!

On the Downside:

It would appear as though we are about to lose the League 1 top scorer, with Leon Clarke bought in to replace David McGoldrought, who looks to be leaving the club when his loan spell expires shortly. There is no end in sight to the disagreement over the rent at the Ricoh.

So, as you would expect, it's a pretty mixed bag, as usual, for long suffering Sky Blues fans, but there does look to be a lot more hope around the place. The team are playing decent football and we have two massive cup games on the horizon, with a trip to Spurs in the FA Cup on the 5th Jan, followed by the return of Preston North End on the 10th.

January will be a very eventful month for the Sky Blues and may be a pivotal time in our season, It will be nice to get a draw at White Hart Lane and a full house at the Ricoh for the replay, followed by a trip to Wembley in the Johnstone's Paint Trophy, and rounded off with a play - off place and a second trip to Wembley at the end of the season.

There you have it Santa - it's not too much to ask for - is it?????????????????

IVE written before about my teams inability to produce performances away from home,particularly against teams near the top of the table

So I'm still delighted by the 4-1 win at Doncaster last week. As Andy Turner said it sends a message to the other contenders

Off course performances at Swindon and Brentford earlier in the season started well but levelled off. We've now won four in a row away though

Trips to top sixers Stevenage and Milton Keynes are to come. It does seem that Mark Robins has the team in a very positive mood and I'm more than a little optimistic

IT felt good to be a Sky Blue fan on Saturday after watching the City turn on the style in beating a battling Walsall side.

And the atmosphere was good too especially in Singers Corner and towards the end with the help from the Drummer the Ricoh was rocking and it made you want the game to carry on longer.

Leaving the Arena you would never have guessed that in just a few weeks time we could leaving it for good as the City fans were all on a high.But if the powers that be don't settle things financially this could really happen.

Skybluekev

In praise of Dave Sexton

By Skybluekev on Dec 5, 12 03:55 PM in Fans

THE recent news about Dave Sexton and the article in last Saturday's Telegraph by Jim Brown brought vivid memories back to me of his time at the club

I recall being very impressed that the club had secured the services of the former Chelsea, Manchester Utd and QPR manager

He also of course was in charge of the England Under 21 team.

This came at a team when the club had a rich vien of talented young players. The team picture in Saturday's Telegraph showed some of those players who it seemed would only gain from working with a coach like Dave Sexton