Reasons to be Cheerful!

By G T on Nov 23, 12 06:32 PM in Fans

With an impressive run of results, 5 wins out of last 6 games, and 4 home games on the run to come, there is a decidedly different feel about being a Sky Blues fan at present. With David McGoldrought currently on fire, breaking the club record by scoring a goal in each of the last 6 away games, there are indeed plenty of reasons to be cheerful, for Coventry fans in the run up to Christmas.

We have got: Portsmouth, Morecombe, Sheff Utd & Walsall all heading to the Ricoh in the coming 3 weeks, so if we can transfer our away form into our home games, who knows where we may be, come the New Year!

There is an old adage which states that you shouldn't look at the League table until Xmas, to get a true picture of where a team may finish, and that is an adage every City fan should adhere to, as Mark Robbins has made a real difference to the team, and given the fans at least the chance to hold their heads high, which makes a nice change!

It would be great to see a decent crowd up the Ricoh, to give the players and manager the backing their current form deserves, and get a bit of atmosphere to the place, and I am sure that will come if the current form continues.

We are scoring goals too, with 15 in our last 5 games, it is a record to be proud of.

Scoring goals, winning games, breaking records: Am I really talking about Coventry City?