McGoaldraught to return?

By G T on Oct 28, 12 01:08 PM in Fans

Whatever will we do when David McGoldrick returns to Nottingham Forest at Christmas time? Who is going to score the goals to get us up and away from the relegation zone? If, as expected, we are still in the mire at Christmas?

He has taken his tally to 8 goals for the Sky Blues now, with the next best being Cody McDonald with 3 goals and Captain Baker on 2!

I am reliably informed, by a friend of mine who works at Forest, that he has been given the nickname of David McGoaldraught by his peers at the club, due to his lack of success there, but it would appear that the Goal - Draught may be heading our way, when he finishes his three month loan spell with us.

I also understand that a club from just up the road from his parent club are hovering to snap him up, as soon as his loan spell finishes with us, leaving us in dire straits, as far as goal scoring is concerned. None of the other strikers we have at the club look like getting the goals to ensure at least safety in this league. So it is a bit of a dilemma, to say the least.

We have seen some pretty good strikers at the club, but with the possible exception of Marlon King, we have not had a more prolific striker or all round "leader of the line" at our disposal for many a year. So where does that leave us? Well we went almost a full year before we signed an outfield player, only a couple of years ago, so, as always with Coventry City:

Expect the unexpected........................