Can Coventry City start moving on up the table ?

By Kevin Halls on Oct 10, 12 10:11 AM in Fans

WELL what a pleasant surprise the Sky Blues have won two games on the trot scoring Five and conceding none. To be honest watching the team so far this season I didn't think they had it in them.

But since the thrashing at Arsenal in the League Cup they have huffed and puffed their way through games and somehow have come out relatively unscathed. Can they now finally start to believe in themselves a bit more and show us fans that they can play a bit ?

I thought maybe the game at Arsenal could be too much for some of the players but as someone said to me recently how can confidence be destroyed if there's none there in the first place ?

A fair comment and spot on I guess but they have obviously put that game down as an experience and moved on to the real bread and butter which is the League games but this Johnstone's Paint trophy is turning out to be a nice little boost by the looks of things.

They travel to Swindon Town on Saturday which will be a tough match no doubt as they are a decent side with a fiery manager who will no doubt be fired up as usual but it has come at a good time for us because we can see if we have really started to gel and got our act together.

The first half against Bournemouth was a shambles I thought and at half time fans were saying what a poor side we are but lo and behold whatever Mark Robins said to them in the dressing room must have got to them as they were a different outfit and looked pretty decent in the second half.

But we have to calm down and wait and see if the team can move forward because we know only too well that they blow hot and cold but if they could play as a team for a whole match instead of for just one half then who knows what they may be capable of ?

When we scored against the Cherries on saturday it gave the crowd a huge lift and the mood quickly changed from feeling fed up and it just shows that when the players show that they really do care it is infectious and we all share in that feeling.

I really hope that they go to Swindon and all the players put in a shift win or lose as then the fans can at least see they feel pride in wearing the Sky Blue as much as we do.

So our season hopefully is now up and running and on Saturday our Robin's comes away a lot more chirpy than Swindon's !