Reasons to be Cheerful?

By G T on Jul 5, 12 12:04 PM in Fans

SO, that's two outfield players signed so far, with the promise of more to come. Yes players have moved on, with most of them out of contract anyway. Cranie has been a good servant to the club and will be missed, but Sammy Clingan? He flattered to deceive at times and I don't think his heart was always in it. Which leaves Richard Keogh and, let's be honest, Keogh is probably too good for Division One football. He has been our best player for the past two seasons, so no-one should really demean his need for Championship Football.

The fact is, that we have signed a Striker and an Attacking midfielder, both who arrive with a pretty decent pedigree, and both should offer something in our push for an immediate return to the Championship. We have plenty of young talent within the squad, who should thrive in this league, add the two new additions plus the need for an experienced head, and we look to have a decent attacking threat for the coming campaign.

It is at the back that we are now short of cover, and, in particular Central Defence. Wood and Cameron should find they can cope, but apart from them two, there isn't much backup, certainly if Keogh does move on. I would like to see another Centre half, plus a speedy winger added to the squad, someone who has pace to burn and can take people on, a player who excites the fans and can run at defenders.

I wander what Michael Mifsud is up to these days? Silly Boy