Coventry City's Woes to Continue?

By West End Boy on Apr 29, 12 01:05 PM in Fans

AFTER relegation to Division 3, you can call it League One if you like, but it is the third tier of English Football. The turmoil at the Ricoh looks set to continue.

With the transfer embargo still in place, no budget agreed by the owner's, next season looks like another battle for survival.

Last season was horrible in so many ways.

At the end of the season there was a morbid sense of relief that we were relegated. We knew from the start of the season we were in trouble. It is a credit to the players and staff that we managed to drag it out until the penultimate game of the season.

Sixteen points from the first half of the season and 24 four in the second half with Norwood and Nimley on board. You don't have to be a rocket scientist to workout that with these two quality additions to the squad earlier in the season, plus Juke we might just have avoided the drop.

The next few months will however shape our season, just like last year.

If SISU come up with a decent budget we have a chance. The signs are not looking promising though as the budget seems to be on par with last season and our income will be substantially lower.

The £1.2 Million annual rent and the fair play rules will hit us harder than most clubs.

The Hoffman bid is still in the background though.

I know Gary Hoffman is a City fan but logically there are better clubs around for his backers to buy. Yes the Ricoh is an attraction but you only have an option to buy half of it.

So like all the fans, I will be watching the CET for updates on all the stories and rumours that will surface during the close season.

Lets hope we have some good news for a change.