January 2012 Archives

PM1707927@LS011011barn-77.jpg

Coventry City: Andy Thorn hopes to grab new players - and keep Richard Keogh

ANDY Thorn was today hoping for a productive transfer deadline day - and is confident of keeping hold of sought-after defender Richard Keogh.

Coventry City: Cyrus Christie learning from Hermann Hreidarsson

IF Cyrus Christie needs any reassurance about how fast his football career is progressing - and how far it might go - he merely has to glance across at the opposite flank of Coventry City's back four.

G T

One last Throw of the Dice?

By G T on Jan 30, 12 08:33 PM in Fans

WITH McPake and Jukebox leaving the club, hopefully loosening up the purse strings for 1 more addition, do we have enough quality to pull away from the foot of the table? The 2 new signings had an immediate impact on the side against Middlesbrough, but will it be enough?

Alex Nimely looked lively, after a bit of a slow start and Hreidarsson looked steady, if a little ring rusty, but will these two players really be the key to Championship survival? Nimely made little impact at Boro and Herman has been relegated on a pretty regular basis, so lets hope that there is more to come from both of them. There is no doubt the the former gives us the pace we have been lacking, but it's goals we are short of, to enable another miraculous escape.

Rumour Mill: The latest player to be linked with a move to the City of Coventry Stadium (sorry, Ricoh Arena) is Rob Hulse, who could be a welcome addition, with good experience at this level, so lets just hope something happens pretty quickly, as I am not sure the current crop have enough to keep us out of the third tier for the first time in most fans memory, how ironic that would be on the 25th anniversary of our FA Cup victory............

AWAY to Blackpool on Tuesday evening then at home to Ipswich on Saturday this could be a massive week in the Sky Blues season.

If they can win both of these games that would be a welcome six points and a huge boost to our fight towards staying in the Championship but lose them both and come away pointless would be a huge blow and leave the City stuck at the bottom and favourites for the drop.

As we are the only club in the whole Football League still without an away win all season surely we have to start changing that now and why not at Bloomfield Road tomorrow night ?

Can Tim Fisher now answer the one remaining question?

WITH Tim Fisher's two recent articles/interviews with the Coventry Telegraph answering a number of questions around the ownership and where the money has been spent. There is only one question left for him and SISU to answer.

What is the future for Coventry City Football club with SISU at the helm?

His words explained a lot of what has happened in the past at the club and the rather convoluted ownership structure. These seem to have been open and frank, something that has been missing at the club for a long time.

So credit to Tim Fisher for that.

So can he tell us now about the future?

Currently we have two contradictory statements from the club. Firstly they state that they don't want to sell the club and in the next breath they are talking to Gary Hoffman who wants to buy the club.

Is it any wonder then that the fans are confused and concerned?

With Tim Fisher seeming to want to speak to the press at present, then can he please answer the final remaining question.

PM1834667@MR071211CCFC-06.jpg

Coventry City: Where has all the money gone?

SISU had to stump up £9million before a ball had been kicked when they took over Coventry City in 2007.

Coventry City fans have their say on club's ownership

COVENTRY City fans have bombarded the Telegraph website with their views on chief executive Tim Fisher's revelations about the club's owners and where their reported £30million investment has gone.

TIM FISHER entered the fray at Coventry City somewhat out of nowhere; filling the void left by the acrimonious departure of Ken Dulieu.

To me, and I imagine to most City fans, he was someone about which I had heard very little, and given his association with Sisu I felt it necessary to greet his arrival with the default air of distrust that is commonplace with anyone with even the slightest link to the current owners of the club.

However, his refreshing candour has all but banished any cynicism I initially felt towards him. His rhetoric is honest and to-the-point; two qualities that have been notable by their absence in the little correspondence between Sisu and the Coventry City faithful.

PM1834667@MR071211CCFC-06.jpg

Who owns Coventry City FC?

COVENTRY City chief executive Tim Fisher has assured supporters that the club has got nothing to hide.

Can Gary Hoffman impress the dragons' den?

LONG-SUFFERING Coventry City fans have resorted to religion, astrology and good old fashioned superstition in a bid to lift their spirits over the past couple of years.

THOSE who harboured doubts about the capability of Andy Thorn's January acquisitions to bring about a change in Coventry City's fortunes must have seriously reconsidered their point of view following Saturday's emphatic dismantling of playoff hopefuls Middlesbrough.

Whether Alex Nimely and Herman Hreiðarsson are capable of lifting the Sky Blues from their lowly position at the bottom of the Championship table remains to be seen, but both players provided plenty of reason for optimism in their first appearances at The Ricoh.

With the news that James McPake has sealed a loan move that sees him journey north of the border for the remainder of the season, all eyes are now on the City gaffer to see whether his third throw of the dice will come to fruition, and more importantly, whether it will be a signing of sufficient quality to give the squad one last kick up the backside.

PM1881940@MR100112CCFC-23.jpg

Coventry City: James McPake happy to return to Ricoh in the summer

JAMES McPake insists he's more than happy to return to Coventry City in the summer in a bid to re-establish his place in the team next season.

Coventry City: Alex Nimely eager to play alongside Clive Platt after working with Roque Santa Cruz and Jo Silva

HALF-an-hour or so after his hugely-encouraging Coventry bow alongside Clive Platt, Alex Nimely was asked if that was the first time he'd partnered a lofty target man.

PM1881905@MR100112CCFC-16.jpg

Sammy Clingan: I'll give 110 per cent to Coventry City - while I'm here

OUT of contract in the summer and seemingly keen to keep his options open rather than commit himself to a new deal, it appears a foregone conclusion that captain Sammy Clingan won't be pulling on a Coventry City shirt next season.

Andy Thorn: More players may go - if Coventry City get a big offer

ANDY THORN has admitted that he may be forced to part with one of his Coventry City players if a substantial bid comes in.