November 2011 Archives

AS the football world is still in shock at the dreadful news at the weekend of the death of Gary Speed it seems that our problems here at Coventry City pale into insignificance as to how the poor family of Gary Speed are feeling right now.

But as in life football carries on with all it's ups and downs and twists and turns so as sad and upsetting the news is now I guess you just have to continue on and talk and concentrate on all things relating to our club.

And as the Sky Blues keep on searching for some wins it doesn't look too good for our chances at staying in this tough and unforgiving division unless we can hit a winning run taking us into the new year.

WILL there come a point this season when Coventry City fans must accept the fact that their team will be relegated?

A heady mixture of optimism and delusion will no doubt lead me to keep believing until our fate has been all but sealed by the forces of mathematics. Despite numerous friends having the bare faced cheek to tell me that our destiny is already decided, and that the Sky Blues are condemned to a sensational fall from the second tier of English Football, I remain confident about our chances.

I find it impossible to tell whether my insistence that Coventry City will in fact avoid the drop is borne out of bias. Although I would generally consider myself to be a very level-headed individual, there's a strong likelihood that my prediction is the result of some degree of blind faith.

PM1811893@.jpg

Gary Gardner: I'll give 110 per cent to Coventry City

GARY Gardner has promised to give 110 per cent for Coventry City - and if he comes anywhere close to fulfilling that pledge the Sky Blues have got themselves one hell of a player for the next four weeks.

Andy Thorn: We haven't signed Gary Gardner to sit in the stand

ANDY Thorn will not confirm whether new midfield recruit Gary Gardner is in his starting line-up at Brighton on Saturday but the Sky Blues boss dropped a hefty hint when he said: "We haven't brought him here to sit in the stand, that's for sure.

PM1614144@DJ200811CITY_19.jpg

Lukas Jutkiewicz: Coventry City can beat the drop

LUKAS Jutkiewicz believes if Coventry City continue to put in hard-working displays like the last two against Championship high-fliers, they will pull clear of the relegation zone.

Coventry City sign Aston Villa starlet - and keep Lukas Jutkiewicz

COVENTRY City manager Andy Thorn appears to have held on to Lukas Jutkiewicz - for the time being - and landed an Aston Villa midfielder ahead of the loan window shutting.

G T

Sell Sell Sell...........

By G T on Nov 23, 11 06:41 PM in Fans

According to the latest headlines Jukebox is off, Cranie & Clingan to follow?

I understand that Richard Wood is also being touted to other clubs, leaving us with?????

The money for the above named, could be siphoned off into one of the companies that have an interest in Coventry City, with the chances of Andy Thorn getting any of the money unlikely, with Administration an almost certainty shortly thereafter.............

It makes you wonder whether the people running our club are the same people advising Carlost Tevez? Advising him that he doesn't have to play if he doesn't want - can go on holiday whenever he fancies it and has no real affinity with the people that own the club.

Financially, for the time being at least, SISU own our club but the truth is that when they have gone, as they surely will, we the fans, will be left to pick up the pieces.

We the fans have always been there, supporting the players and paying our hard earned money to do so.

We are the custodians of the club, have the best interest of the club at heart and would just like to be kept informed as to our future prospects. Fans who love this club gave up their shares in order for the smooth takeover to happen, how must they all be feeling now?

PM1700888@LS250911pool-77.jpg

Andy Thorn keen to keep Coventry City squad together

ANDY Thorn hailed the spirit of his Coventry City squad as they battled back to save a precious point against Cardiff City last night.

Andy Thorn: I want to keep Lukas Jutkiewicz but decision may not be mine

COVENTRY CITY boss Andy Thorn insists he is desperate to keep hold of star striker Lukas Jutkiewicz but acknowledges the decision may be taken out of his hands.

PM967499@LS070810city-15.jpg

Clive Platt: I won't give Coventry City old boys an easy ride

CLIVE Platt insists friendships will be put to one side when Coventry City old boys Ben Turner and Aron Gunnarsson make their first return to the Ricoh Arena.

Southampton preparing £3m bid for Lukas Jutkiewicz

SOUTHAMPTON are preparing to swoop for Coventry City's Lukas Jutkiewicz, the striker who got away from St Mary's a decade ago.

To The Board of SISU,

Over the last few years the loyal and passionate fans of Coventry City have endured no information or little information.

You have been responsible for making a very proud and ground-breaking family club into the laughing stock of the Football League.

You have sold our best players. Despite promise after promise to put things right, these promises are as empty as your bank account.

We are second from bottom of the Championship, 6 points from safety, but still you do nothing!

Do you really think we will swallow the fact that one of the best Scouts in the Football League is unable to find ONE Premier League player that is willing to come to Coventry on loan when the rest of the Championship are signing 3 or 4 each?

FOOTBALL can be a very cruel game at times and you often come away from matches scratching your head and wondering why didn't we win that game ?

And that's what I did on Saturday after the West Ham fixture because we dominated for a good seventy minutes and we made them look average I thought,and without doubt if we had got a deserved second goal we would have secured the points.

But once again we switched off and let them back in the game and lost to two goals that should never had happened which left us all frustrated once again because make no bones about it we should have won.

PM1777565@DJ051111CITY_1.jpg

Andy Thorn: Coventry City deserved more from West Ham defeat

ANDY THORN insists that Coventry City deserved more than the narrow defeat against in-form Championship side West Ham.

Luckless Coventry City praying for change in fortune

COVENTRY City go into Tuesday's home match against Cardiff sticking to their principles but praying for a slice of luck.