February 2011 Archives

PM1280878@DJ260211CITY_10.jpg

Coventry City's fighting spirit 'won M69 derby point'

AIDY Boothroyd hailed the resolve of his Coventry City side after they held out for a battling derby draw at Leicester on Saturday.

Leicester City 1 Coventry City 1 - Andy Turner's verdict

THE Walkers Stadium PA man helpfully pointed out that Swansea City's lunchtime rout of Leeds United meant that Leicester City required an eight-goal differential to nudge themselves into the play-off zone.

G T

Whose Fault is it?

By G T on Feb 27, 11 03:26 PM in Fans

So another season of early promise peters' out, with little or no real progress achieved, in terms of Final League position. Another season of "Mismatched Expectations" would be one way to describe it, but let's look at the Bigger Picture: I am pretty sure that if there were a league table for all 4 league's drawn up, with trophies and promotions taken into account over the past 30/40 years, The Sky Blues would be hovering (as is our want) just above the relegation zone. Yes we had the 87 FA Cup win, but that is it. No promotion's no finishes in the top 6, just the usual relegation battle to contend with, to make the last few games worth attending.

So, I hear you ask, whose fault is it? The Manager? The lack of Investment? etc
Well, let us look at the evidence before us:
We have had numerous managers over the years, with varying amounts of money to spend and varying degrees of success and failure to match. Chairman have come and gone, along with some highly paid, though not really worthy players. In fact we have changed just about everything, even the Stadium, with little sign of any major improvement, so we have to ask ourselves, what has remained?

Apart from Uncle Joe on the board, the only constant over the years at Coventry City has been the fans?

New Chairman: no success

New Managers, no success

New Players: no success

New Owners: No Success

New Stadium: No Success

Same Old Fans, so therefore, it must be "All our Fault"???????????????

This is not my true belief, but it makes you think?

Skybluekev

Onye Igwe SPEAKS

By Skybluekev on Feb 25, 11 07:01 PM in Fans

BEING a little older than TJL perhaps I'm a little more cynical but I must admit to being less than excited by the Telegraph interview with the individual they call the City owners main man

This interview is the latest stage in the club's media offensive since Gary Hoffman's resignation. This was motivated by the board decision concerning Conor Thomas. But Mr Igwe was reluctant to answer questions on the matter

As this decision has caused widespread concern among City fans,and is a leading bone of contention with SISU it's hard to see what the interview achieved

PM1241544@LS010211blue-35.jpg

Marlon King is Coventry City's Yakubu

COVENTRY CITY are preparing to take on big-spending neighbours Leicester City tomorrow complete with the goal-scoring might of Everton striker Yakubu.

David Bell back from the bench

DAVID Bell bounced back into Aidy Boothroyd's plans this week with a performance that the player hopes has secured him a second consecutive start against Leicester City tomorrow.

TJL

SISU not so secretive

By TJL on Feb 24, 11 06:57 PM in

TODAY'S long-awaited unmasking of the demon that is SISU Capital has revealed something that many Coventry City supporters would not have been expecting; a likeable and down to earth human being.

Onye Igwe's decision to go public - a move that I feel was desperately needed - may have come a bit later than necessary, however that shouldn't detract from the fact that it was something that had to be done if SISU wished to claw back some deserved respect from the Sky Blue army.

The cloak of mystery that has long surrounded SISU's involvement with the Sky Blues has now been somewhat lifted, hopefully satisfying the need of many supporters for more information regarding the club's relatively secretive owners.

Not only have SISU removed the aforementioned cloak, they have also (to some extent) justified its initial existence.

WATCHING Coventry City dominating yet another home game on Tuesday night without scoring it seemed something was bound to happen

Yet again we were caught by a sucker punch from the opposition and lost. The mind went back to similar performances against Preston and Sheffield Utd one of which at least yielded a point.

It also went back a little further too our prolific striking partnership who shared forty goals one season. As we slip closer to the relegation zone we'd settle for half of that from a consistent striker partnership

PM752190@DJ250410CITY_17.jpg

Aron Gunnarsson: We were robbed

ARON Gunnarsson believes Coventry City's luck will turn if the players keep putting in performances like Tuesday night's effort against high-flying Swansea.

Sisu's man at the Ricoh Arena speaks out at last

SISU Capital's main man at the Ricoh Arena, Onye Igwe, has spoken publicly for the first time and insisted he is no man of mystery.

PM1189692@LS010111ccfc-02.jpg

Aidy Boothroyd fuming after penalty decision condemns Coventry City to defeat

AIDY Boothroyd struggled to contain his anger last night after a controversial penalty decision by referee Keith Stroud helped condemn Coventry City to a 1-0 home defeat against Swansea.

Coventry City 0 Swansea City 1 - Andy Turner's verdict

STOP me if you've heard this one before but Coventry City were desperately unlucky to come out of this match with nothing to show from a performance that ranked among the best of the season in terms of endeavour and determination.

PM1241544@LS010211blue-35.jpg

Stop the vile Marlon King chants, urges Coventry City

COVENTRY City have urged fans to stop offensive chants amid a huge row over songs about striker Marlon King.

Coventry City can mix it with Championship best, says Lee Carsley

LEE Carsley may not be playing at the Ricoh Arena tonight but he'll be in the dressing room urging his team-mates to get stuck in to Swansea.

TWO tough games this week against high flyers Swansea and arch rivals Leicester City, will it see the Sky Blues end up pointless or will they come away with heads held high ?

As both the Swans and the Foxes are on good form it doesn't bode well for the City, you have to say a draw from either would be something seeing we aren't exactly setting the Championship alight are we ?