December 2010 Archives

PM891324@DJ020710CITY_4.jpg

Aidy Boothroyd on look-out for quality loan signings

AIDY Boothroyd is aiming to bolster his Sky Blues squad with a couple of quality loan signings when the transfer window opens tomorrow.

Stephen O'Halloran desperate to make up for lost time

AFTER making his long-awaited debut for Coventry City on Tuesday, Stephen O'Halloran is looking to stamp his mark and show that he was well worth investing in last summer.

PM1186960@LS281210ccfc-60.jpg

Coventry City looking to salvage pride and points in New Year fixtures

COVENTRY City are preparing for their New Year double header against Ipswich and Barnsley looking to salvage pride and points from the holiday fixtures.

Callum Wilson: Training hard has paid off for me

I WAS delighted to finally make my league debut on Tuesday, although it would have been better if we had won the game.

PM796150@3931904.jpg

Aidy Boothroyd upbeat at mid-term stage

COVENTRY City opened the second half of the season with a third successive defeat as they went down 2-0 at home to Queens Park Rangers yesterday.

Coventry City 0 Queens Park Rangers 2 - Andy Turner's verdict

IF the Sky Blues had shown the same killer instinct as Aidy Boothroyd's son Nathan, they might just have won this one.

PM891324@DJ020710CITY_4.jpg

Crunch Christmas games will measure how far Coventry City have come

AIDY Boothroyd is looking to use Coventry City's two big Christmas fixtures as a platform for success in the second half of the season.

Aidy Boothroyd hails 'team player' Marlon King

AIDY Boothroyd struggled to suppress a sigh of weary resignation on Saturday afternoon when a visiting journalist inquired if Marlon King's high-quality equaliser against Norwich City had justified the decision to bring him to the Ricoh Arena.

PM1040076@LS280910cov-55.jpg

Ben Turner agrees new Coventry City contract

BEN Turner is poised to sign a new long-term contract with Coventry City.

Fans' Zone: Tis the season to hope for promotion

Back in August the majority of Coventry City fans would definitely have taken sixth place at Christmas and a genuine feeling around the place that the Sky Blues are in the process of mounting a real challenge to get out of this division after ten years of mediocrity.

PM1031702@DJ250910CITY_12.jpg

Ray Ranson interview: Marlon King will get even better for Coventry City

IN part two of our exclusive interview, Coventry City supremo Ray Ranson lifts the lid on the Marlon King signing, the January transfer window and the future of keeper Keiren Westwood.

Aidy Boothroyd optimistic over Aron Gunnarsson contract

AIDY BOOTHROYD is optimistic that Aron Gunnarsson will sign a new contract with Coventry City.

PM1168532@LS11210city-52.jpg

Michael Doyle honoured to be Coventry City captain

IN-FORM Michael Doyle says he was honoured to be made Coventry City captain at the weekend.

Ray Ranson interview: Coventry City were 'too relaxed' under Chris Coleman

RAY Ranson and SISU rode into town and saved Coventry City from administration on December 14, 2007.

NORWICH players acted like spoilt little brats on Saturday rolling around on the icy pitch as if they'd been hit by two ton trucks whenever a Coventry player went near them.

And grouping around the referee trying to get one of our players booked or trying to get decisions go their way,they bullied the weak referee in to giving ludicrous decisions.

But Aidy's comments after the game left me a little bemused, he reckons Gunnarsson's sending off was correct and the Norwich player was only being proffesional in making a meal of it, blimey Aidy what the hell have you been taking ?

SITTING in a freezing Ricoh wondering if I could feel my feet I couldnt help thinking was it worth the fight to get Saturday's game on

As we ended up losing the game you hankered after a midweek date in March. But off course we were out to keep up a winning momentum at home

We all know the last two home performances we're poor and only our fighting spirit secured wins in both of them. Despite another great show of fighting spirit this time it wasn't enough

It doesn't help if you're playing with ten men for an hour. But even before the sending off we created very little in the opposition half

PM1176102@DJ181210CITY_9.jpg

Coventry City 1 Norwich City 2 - Alan Poole's verdict

ANY doubts about the two key decisions in Coventry City's play-off six-pointer evaporated once Norwich boss Paul Lambert's comments had been filtered through the manager-speak variation of the Enigma machine.

Aron Gunnarsson: I'm so sorry for red card

DEJECTED Aron Gunnarsson admitted his first-half red card was the turning point in Coventry City's 2-1 home defeat to Norwich City on Saturday - but was adamant the referee got it wrong.