October 2010 Archives

G T

Go Fourth & Multiply!

By G T on Oct 31, 10 01:18 PM in Fans

FOURTH in the League, That's Fourth in the League just in case you didn't get it the first time. Dizzy heights indeed for the Sky Blues.

A big away following to bramall lane should set things up nicely for the visit of dirty leeds, this weekend. They have sold their allocation of 6,000 tickets and, by all accounts are asking for more.

Wouldn't it be nice to get a decent home turn out again, there is nothing better than a big away support and a good home crowd, to get the atmosphere going inside the Ricoh Arena Stadium.

The Cardiff game was a point in fact, with a cracking atmosphere about the place. There is plenty to shout about too, with 4 wins and only 1 defeat in our last 6 games, it has all the credentials to be another cracking tie.

Aidy has got the team working for each other and has turned a pretty solid back four, into an excellent well drilled unit, with no shortage of strength, power and ability.

So if you haven't been for a while, go and buy your tickets folks, get up the Ricoh next week and see what you think, in the words of Delia Smith:

"Where are you?"

"Let's be havin you"

Skybluekev

Hey I'm Fan of the Week

By Skybluekev on Oct 29, 10 09:33 PM in Fans

I'VE always thought it's very special being a Coventry City fan. But it really is EXTRA SPECIAL being a BBC CWR fan of the week

Tonight I spent my time appearing on CWR's "Sky Blue Interactive" in the company of Vic Minett. It was a great experience.

I found it interesting to see the professionalism of the broadcasters at close hand.Being the guest I was able to sit back and relax in my outsize headphones as it all went on around me.

Then you're asked your opinion on everything current about Coventry City,and your able to sound off to your hearts content. Can there be anything better than that ?

IN his recent Fan Zone comment in the Telegraph Ian Palmer highlighted three players who've been particularly eye catching this season

Richard Keogh is certainly an attacking full back.. At times he seems to verge on the reckless. As great as it is to see there's a danger of us being exposed if he loses the ball.

I agree with Ian that he's also a quality defender. Hopefully he'll continue to keep a good balance between the two.

Attacking full backs are a major part of Aidy's strategy and it contrasts with how static they were in last seasons teams

PM975855@Coventry-City-v-De.jpg

Comeback kid Gary McSheffrey is just getting started

GARY McSheffrey admits that he can be a slow starter, often taking him half a dozen games to get a season going.

Marlon King fit and poised to play tomorrow

MARLON King is fit and poised to play his first away game for Coventry City tomorrow.

PM796150@3931904.jpg

Coventry City expecting tough game against Sheffield United

COVENTRY City go in search of their third away win of the season when they travel to South Yorkshire on Saturday to take on stuttering Sheffield United.

Inside Write: Roy O'Donovan is itching to show what he can do

IT WAS nice to make my debut at the Ricoh Arena on Saturday but it has been a frustrating start to my second spell at Coventry to be perfectly honest.

PM1087867@DJ231010CITY_8.jpg

Carl Baker hopes Coventry City goal will be first of many

CARL Baker is hoping his first goal for Coventry City is the first of many for both him and the club this season.

Leeds United to bring 6,000 fans to Coventry City's Ricoh Arena

AIDY Boothroyd has issued a rallying cry to Coventry City supporters to turn out in force to drown out Leeds fans who have already snapped up almost 6,000 tickets for next week's clash at the Ricoh Arena.

SITTING in an half empty stadium on Saturday watching the tribute to our one season in European competition it seemed like a whole world away

But it's worth remembering we at least beat the classic Bayern Munich side of the seventies at Highfield Road in that short lived campaign

Coming only three years after our promotion to Division One it was a sign of an emerging club.

It's easy to look at the clubs plight now and despair but looking back there were opportunities that were nearly but not quite realised

THREE points at Ipswich Town a good all round performance against Cardiff City and a three nil win over Barnsley, so could at long last the Sky Blues have a squad of players capable of staying in the top six of the Championship ?

Seven days isn't very long in football, but three tough games in a week at any level can sometimes show what a team is made of, and the City have shown that they're no pushovers it's as if they have become a squad of tough guys overnight, which I think is great to see.

PM1088089@DJ231010CITY_25.jpg

Jordan Clarke: I wanted to ask for loan move before super strike

COVENTRY CITY super sub Jordan Clarke has revealed he was close to asking for a loan move until he took advice from his agent - Sky Blues legend Cyrille Regis.

Chris Kirkland staying at Wigan Athletic, says Roberto Martinez

WIGAN Athletic boss Roberto Martinez has quashed reports that Chris Kirkland may be leaving the club.

G T

If Rooney can change his mind?

By G T on Oct 26, 10 08:08 AM in Fans

With the biggest talent in England, recently changing his mind about where his future lies, and deciding to sign a lucrative new contract with his current club. Following, it would appear, some guarantees as to the future direction of the club, my mind immediately turned to arguably the biggest asset we have at Coventry City, and the possibility of a U-turn from him and his advisers.

I would imagine that Kieran Westwood's main reason for not signing a new contract with our club was his desire to play at the top level of the English Game, in the Premiership.

I don't want to start counting my chickens yet, but with the leaps and bounds made by the Sky Blues so far this season, it is a possibility, however small at the moment, that we are heading in that direction.

We have played some of the best teams in the Championship, and have not been found wanting against any of them and, if you look at the way Cardiff ripped apart Leeds 4 - 0, and the fact that we at least deserved a draw against them, the progress has been outstanding in recent weeks.

Let's all hope it continues and that Westwood has a change of heart and decides to give us, and Aidy, at least another couple of years, to achieve his, and all our dreams, of a chance to ply his trade in the Premiership.