If Attila the Hun signed for Coventry City

By Kevin Halls on Sep 22, 10 09:44 AM in Fans

NOW that Marlon King has finally signed on the dotted line, we can all now just get on with the football can't we ?

Yes it has dragged on longer than a soap opera storyline, and for whatever reason it took so long we may never ever know because nothing's been said on the matter has it ?

Still here's here now so either love him or loathe him he's going to wear the Sky Blue of Coventry City football club,and just like Marmite it's all in the taste.

Funnily enough while all the talk has been about King's shenanigans off the pitch not a lot has been said about wether or not he can still put the ball in the net, and on a regular basis.

We all know he was fairly prolific at Watford but has he been the same elsewhere ?
He hasn't really settled anywhere has he, to be banging in the goals you need to be playing week in week out and in a decent side too.

So moving away from all of his misdemeanours and concentrating on his footballing abilities instead, it is a bold move by the club, because we all want King to be successful here, but on the other hand he could turn out to be a flop like a certain Kevin Kyle couldn't he ?

I've a feeling he won't, but all new signings are a gamble you never really know how things will turn out do you ?

But one thing I am certain of is that there will be a lot of pressure on King on the pitch, on the terraces, and in his head as well I should imagine, because he well knows by now that half the fans are for him,while the rest aren't.

Will the stayaway supporters return if he bangs in the goals for the Sky Blues,or will they be stubborn and stick to their guns and keep away, only time will answer that ?

As a long time City fan and a season ticket holder all i want is to see us back in the top flight, and although it's not politically correct, if Attila The Hun was alive today and he was a prolific goalscorer and played football at a high standard, and Aidy Boothroyd said that Attila was a nice chap really I'd say to Aidy go on then sign him up !