April 2010 Archives

PM327808@MR110709WREX-70.jpg

Ben Turner ready to tune up for next season

BEN Turner has had plenty of time to sharpen up his guitar playing in recent months although, by all accounts, his string-plucking skills still fall way short of the semi-pro standards set by Coventry City boss Chris 'Slowhand' Coleman.

Coventry City v Watford live!

FOLLOW Coventry City's final game of the season against Watford with the Telegraph's live blog on Sunday afternoon.

PM564187@-.jpg

Dimi Konstantopoulos uncertain over Coventry City future

DIMI Konstantopoulos is still waiting to hear whether Coventry City want him to stay on at the Ricoh Arena next season.

Coventry City aiming to sell 10,00 season tickets for next season

COVENTRY City's commercial director Nathan Kosky is the man aiming to sell 10,000 season tickets ahead of the 2010/11 campaign.

PM370521@LS180809cov-34.jpg

Chris Coleman planning early summer transfer moves

CHRIS Coleman is eager to get down to business to ensure he gets his close season targets in for the start of pre-season training.

No sentimental starting place for Marcus Hall

CHRIS COLEMAN has told Marcus Hall not to expect a sentimental place in Coventry City's starting line-up this weekend despite it being the veteran's last game for the club.

WITH this season nearly over certain games and events stick in my mind from these last months.

City 2 Ipswich 1 on the first day of the season we took a two goal lead and nearly gave it away the first example of our inability to put in a consistent ninety minutes in far too many fixtures

City 0 Hartlepool 1 an early cup exit but a glimpse of some of the young talent at the club.Later on three good prospects were to be released however

Blackpool 3 City 0 the first of twelve away defeats and a terrible performance. Chris Coleman took full responsibility. There followed away collapses at Derby,Ipswich and Preston for example,and the terrible performance at Scunthorpe.

These were usually someone elses fault

At this time of the football season, we all start to wonder what will happen during the close season and what the squad will be like when the season starts in August. Lets all hope it's not like the last close season.

During that close season we lost 9 players from the squad including Dann and Fox, with only three new signings and two loan players coming in.

Of the money raised from player sales, I estimate Coleman was only allowed to re-invest about 1/3rd of it.

With two of the 'big four' sold and one of them out of form, it seems even if City wanted to, there is no way they would be able to raise a decent transfer kitty from players sales.

Our only really valuable asset is Westwood, who with only a year left of his contract, and no contract negotiations under way, could walk out for nothing next summer.

PM752190@DJ250410CITY_17.jpg

Aron Gunnarsson: I must score more goals

ARON Gunnarsson is hoping a more relaxed approach will help him bag more goals for Coventry City next season.

Coventry City Under-18s grab point at Crystal Palace

A YOUTHFUL Coventry City Under-18s grabbed a last-minute equaliser to come away with a deserved point at Crystal Palace.

WITH just one more game to go, this season has really flown by it doesn't seem that long ago that we beat Ipswich Town 2-1 on the opening day of the season.

Now it's Watford at the Ricoh on Sunday with the Sky Blues having nothing to play for except a little bit of pride, but it would be great if they gave us fans something to cheer about, but even if they gave the Hornets a hammering it would still have been a poor season.

PM752159@DJ250410CITY_11.jpg

Middlesbrough 1 Coventry City 1 - Andy Turner's verdict

AT ANY other time of the season Saturday's draw at Middlesbrough would have been seen as a damned good point.

Coventry City playing patience for next season

CHRIS Coleman will make patience a key virtue for Coventry City next season.

EARLY in our first division history Gordon Milne was Coventry City manager for over a decade if I recall correctly. There was very little progress in the period,but relatively few called for his head

Football has changed into a big business with big money at stake.The rewards for success are huge but the consequences of failure just as big

Financial giants like Manchester United can afford to give managers time,many teams in the Premier league even cant

But to be fair to managers no chairman should expect instant results. I believe managers signed on set contracts should have at least the span of that contract

PM470279@LS311009ccfc-26.jpg

Coventry City handed Martin Cranie injury blow

COVENTRY CITY'S hopes of a positive finish to the season have been undermined by a fresh injury with the news that Martin Cranie is the latest to limp out of training.

Middlesbrough v Coventry City live!

JOIN in the banter and reaction as Coventry City travel to Middlesbrough for their final game of the 2009-10 season.

* Fore more Coventry City news and gossip click here.