March 2010 Archives

PM632168@DJ170210CITY_18.jpg

Richard Wood doubtful for Coventry City Easter games

RICHARD Wood sat out training today as Coventry City got back to business at Ryton after two days off to recharge their batteries.

Aston Villa emerge as favourites to sign Keiren Westwood

ASTON VILLA have today emerged as the favourites to sign Coventry City's star goalkeeper Keiren Westwood.

WHAT a difference a few weeks can make in the world of football.

Take a look at the Sky Blues for example, we were looking at a possible play off position, now all the talk is about tiredness, and can Chris Coleman get his players up to perform over ninety odd minutes ?

But on the evidence of the first half at Leicester, and again against Sheffield Wednesday, he looks like he will need all his managerial skills to get the players up for the fight.

AFTER another home draw against a team lower in the league on Saturday this season's in danger of tailing off like the last one

Though our play off chances are still being described as "faint" we should come to accept they are NON EXISTENT.

Without an improvement in the remaining games we could be back in the state that so depressed Kevin Halls in December.Off course we've been so inconsistent this year we could win the next six games

This is the fate of a Coventry City fan. I'm afraid I can't agree with West End Boy as the manager Chris Coleman is ultimately responsible

PM520011@DJ021209city_18.jpg

Jordan Clarke tipped to break into Coventry City first team

ROOKIE defender Jordan Clarke has been tipped to break back into the first-team picture at Coventry City before the end of the season.

Rob Ogleby handed Hearts trial

RELEASED Coventry City academy striker Rob Ogleby is hoping to secure a contract in the Scottish Premier League with Hearts.

West End Boy

Coleman not to blame...

By West End Boy on Mar 29, 10 09:21 PM in Fans

Chris Coleman is not to blame for the recent in-different performances by the players, the players are...

Coleman has had critics this season but the recent performances by the players have been erratic to say the least. Why do they have to concede before starting to play?

When Coleman sends the team out, he expects them to perform and even if an individual is not having a good game, they can at least do the basics like closing down, tracking back and tackling.

Fans can forgive a bad pass or losing the ball providing that players is trying but on Saturday we saw some city players just giving up when they lost the ball, not a pretty sight.

PM707088@DJ270310CITY_1.jpg

Coventry City 1 Sheffield Wednesday 1

FORMER Sheffield Wednesday captain Richard Wood grabbed a 79th-minute equaliser to salvage a draw for Coventry City and deny his old employers three precious points in their battle to avoid relegation from the Coca-Cola Championship.

Clinton Morrison close to new Coventry City deal

CLINTON MORRISON is ready to sign a new deal with Coventry City.

I've just replied to a comment from a fan, about a blog I wrote back in December, which he says was overtly negative, and how I feel about it now ?

Reading my blog again, I have to admit it, it was very negative, and it made me realise how down I was about the Sky Blues back then.

It just goes to show how melancholy can be replaced by optimism, so for that I have to give credit to the team, and the manager.

WITH a return of two points from the last nine it's surely time to forget about this play off talk.

As Jim Brown said in the Telegraph on Saturday it was always a long shot and maybe we all got far to excited. After the draw against Leicester it would be easy to get depressed looking at our play off hopes

But putting all that aside to see City play as poorly as they did in the first half and have the character to pull back and get a draw was absolutely great.

As I've said all season if we are to escape from this division we have to produce consistent performances away from home

PM460095@DJ241009CITY_5.jpg

Fighting spirit to lift Coventry City against West Brom

COVENTRY City go into their second Midlands derby in the space of a few days tomorrow with renewed optimism following their gutsy fight-back against Leicester.

West Brom v Coventry City live!

FOLLOW Coventry City as they travel to high-flying West Brom in the Championship on Wednesday evening (March 24).

PM696345@SOCCER-Leicester-5.jpg

Leicester City 2 Coventry City 2 - Andy Turner's verdict

ON a day dedicated to Sport Relief, Coventry took charity to embarrassing extremes as they gifted Leicester a 2-0 lead inside 20 painfully one-sided minutes.

Chris Coleman read riot act to inspire Coventry City draw

COVENTRY CITY boss Chris Coleman gave his players a verbal bashing in the dressing room after a dismal first-half showing against M69 rivals Leicester City - and watched his side claw backs two goals and earn a valuable point.