January 2010 Archives

Skybluekev

It's only Blackpool

By Skybluekev on Jan 30, 10 08:31 PM in Fans

CITY managed a draw with Blackpool today despite the latest example of Chris Coleman's negative safety first managment tactics

To devise a system to stop Blackpool playing surprised me. In fact we were saying to the players we have to stop Blackpool playing because THEY ARE BETTER THAN US

This isn't the right signal to give to the players,and in some ways its not surprising they so often play with a lack of self belief

After a first half as tedious as the Swansea game sounded we managed to bore both the fans and Blackpool into a scoreless forty five minutes.

Thommo

When Saturday Comes

By Thommo on Jan 29, 10 02:55 PM in Fans

THE BITTER pill that was the Portsmouth defeat was still proving hard to swallow two days later as I flew out to India to work and at least grateful for warmer climes.

By Saturday Sky Blue blood was boiling over as I tried to establish an internet connection that came and went. Two hot cities later I had that "not bothered about football because we lost at the weekend" atitude and on Monday I still thought we had lost 2-1 so matters just got worse as my emotions got a double dip on hearing about 97th minute "lapses."

I WENT to the Blackpool away game earlier on in the season, and the City were very poor that day, we lost three nil, and it could have been more, they were that bad.

Blackpool though are a very good side at home, we aren't the only side to get turned over there, the ground to put it mildly is a bit of a dump, it holds only about nine thousand, but Blackpool use this to their advantage, so fair play to them for that.

Michael-McIndoe.jpg

Michael McIndoe: I need to find some form

MICHAEL McIndoe admits that while he is giving his all for Coventry City, he knows he can play better.

Chris Coleman happy to win ugly

CHRIS COLEMAN is looking for his team to be sitting pretty with 35 points come five o'clock on Saturday afternoon, perfectly poised to push on into the top half of the Championship table.

LS260110ccfc-10.jpg

Defensive Coventry City make their point

CHRIS COLEMAN hailed the courage and character of his Coventry City side after they ground out a 0-0 draw against promotion candidates Swansea last night.

Swansea City FC 0 Coventry City FC 0 - Andy Turner's verdict

COVENTRY CITY left the field at the Liberty Stadium to the sound of Secret Affair's Time for Action - pity they didn't play it at the start of what was one of the most tedious games of the season.

PM401892@LS150909ccfc-12.jpg

Leon Best set to see out season with Coventry City

LEADING scorer Leon Best could be staying at Coventry City until the end of the season after it has gone all quiet on the transfer front.

Coventry City told to cut out goal celebrations

COVENTRY CITY'S players have been instructed to curb their enthusiasm when they score to avoid a repeat of the mess they got themselves into at Ipswich when they switched off and conceded straight from the kick-off.

Skybluekev

Long Throw! Oh No

By Skybluekev on Jan 26, 10 01:29 PM in

BEFORE our new Icelandic midfielder made his debut in the first game of last season,no one mentioned a particular skill he possessed

So when he launched his first long throw most people around me were very excited at the prospect of the future use of it.

For me though the novelty has firmly worn off. There's no doubt its a threat to the opposition when properly used,but it does seem to be over used by the Sky Blues

Gunnarson must aim at least half a dozen per game. If he's played fifty matches by now there must have been about two hundred throws

IT seems a long time since the last City match. When you havent got a game to concentrate on all that's left is the telegraph articles. They've driven me to ask a few questions

When will Chris Hussey be ready ?

He's 21 years of age not a teenager. Almost everybody has been tried at left back instead of him. An out of position Cranie and Wood the latest situation. Now we are after another left back till the end of the season

It's not even if he can get reserve team action. When will he get a proper chance ?

With Chris Coleman appearing keen to bring in David Healey, maybe he should be looking elsewhere to reinforce the strike force if Leon Best departs.

David Healy is not a direct replacement for Best.

At 5 foot 8 inches, Healy is nearly 6 inches shorter and lacks both the physical presence and aerial threat of Best. As we have seen this season, Best plus the shorter Eastwood or Morrison is the combination that works for City.

Yes I know some Premiership Clubs play without target men, but then again their players are more skilful than ours and they play more through the midfield and on the floor.

With our current style of play, two wide midfield players looking to get crosses into the box, it is tall striker who's good in the air that we would need to replace Best with. A like for like replacement not a shorter quicker striker.

PM555635@LS020110ccfc-15.jpg

Coventry City looking for left-back cover

CHRIS COLEMAN wants to sign a left-back before the Janaury transfer window closes.

Coventry City set to return for David Healy?

COVENTRY City want to sign an experienced striker this month regardless of whether Leon Best goes in the January transfer window.