November 2009 Archives

IT WAS a good battling performance at Q.P.R. who as Chris Coleman said, are one of the better teams in the Championship.

I never went to the game, instead listened to it on the radio, and it sounded a cracking match, full of end to end play, with chances falling to both sides.

But Q.P.R. passed the ball about at pace, and cut through our midfield with ease at times, which is a bit of a worry, although Clingan should return soon, because we need a more experienced player in there, because it's far too lightweight I feel.

LS281109ccfc-40.jpg

Coventry City face backlash after Stephen Wright red card drama

COVENTRY CITY are facing a disciplinary backlash from their battling 2-2 draw at Queens Park Rangers.

QPR 2 Coventry City 2 - Andy Turner's verdict

RICHARD WOOD turned the old third time lucky cliché into a thrilling point for the Sky Blues on Saturday.

PM503008@DJ211109CITY_5.jpg

Coventry City fans ain't seen nothing yet, says Richard Wood

NEW signing Richard Wood insists he will get stronger and stronger with the more games he gets for Coventry City.

Coventry City planning to be patient against QPR

DISCIPLINE and patience are the watchwords for Coventry City when they travel tomorrow to a previously favourable Loftus Road where they have won three times and lost once in their last five visits.

Skybluekev

Managers and the Media

By Skybluekev on Nov 26, 09 12:31 PM in Fans

THESE days football managers are also media personalities. The feature of TV coverage is the manager's after match interview

The trouble managers have with this is the two audiences they have to work with. They need to balance been honest and truthfull with the fans,whilst making sure the players arent demotivated by criticism from the boss

When he first came to Coventry Chris Coleman was very frank and honest on those occasions and endeared himself to the fans because of it.

PM349856@DJ300709mcpa_3.jpg

Fresh injury hits James McPake loan hope

JAMES McPAKE has suffered a set-back in his attempt to get out on loan to get fit.

Inside Write: Jordan Clarke

EVERYTHING is good for me at the minute. I passed my driving test on November 5 and I just turned 18 last Thursday, so 2009 has been a big year for me.

AT half time in the game against Palace I was not pleased with my afternoon.Yet again City moved forward with a total lack of conviction.

Keiron Westwood had to make a couple of smart saves to limit the scoreline to just one nil down.Our first effort on goal was in the forty fourth minute

Yet we scored in the forty seventh and what followed was a totally commited energetic flowing second half performance. I was delighted to see that,and in the end we deserved a point and might have won the game

PM470279@LS311009ccfc-26.jpg

Martin Cranie determined to make Coventry City impact

MARTIN CRANIE is determined to prove himself after slipping down the Coventry City pecking order.

Coventry City pin hopes on wide-boys

COVENTRY City boss Chris Coleman says wide-boys David Bell and Michael McIndoe are key to helping turn around the Sky Blues' wobbly league form.

PM503004@.jpg

David Bell: Saturday was the season turning point

DAVID BELL insists the steadying point against Crystal Palace at the weekend marked a turning point for himself and Coventry City.

Gregor Rioch happy despite Coventry City Under-18s defeat

COVENTRY CITY under-18s suffered a third straight defeat but team boss Gregor Rioch was far from unhappy about the performance of his young charges.

West End Boy

The Best Ultimatum...

By West End Boy on Nov 23, 09 08:54 PM in Fans

With Coventry City in the process of offering Leon Best an improved contract. It's time for City to give him a deadline along with the offer, sign by Christmas or they will look to move him on in the January transfer window.

If Leon wishes not to sign that is his prerogative but he should have the decency to accept a move away in the transfer window, in the same way Jay Tabb did, and earn City a transfer fee in the process.

A POINT against the Palace was about right I thought, although we could have done with all three, but the second half performance was a lot better than the first, and I never thought I'd be saying this, but Michael Mcindoe had a good game.

He's been getting some stick lately, but he showed on saturday, he has got it in him, so let's hope he can keep it up, and do it on a regular basis.

You can't beat good old fashioned wing play, by that I mean, a player who can beat his defender, and put in lots of decent crosses, just like the one for Leon Best's goal.