October 2009 Archives

ITS A question that keeps coming up, and that is: Who would be in your best ever Coventry City eleven? A team of Sky Blue players made up from any era.

As I've been watching the City from the Jimmy Hill era, to the present day, I've a lot to choose from, but I've finally picked my eleven, not because they are my favourites, although a few are, but because It would be good enough to compete at a high level,when these players were at their best.

Skybluekev

Making Use of Stats

By Skybluekev on Oct 29, 09 01:35 PM in Fans

I often hear these days managers brandishing stats to prove a point. It's a way of showing they are forward thinking.The biggest fan of this approach was Iain Dowie.

He too easily forgot that the game's not just about stats,but also the heart,passion,and commitment shown by eleven man facing thier opposition.That said I personally believe that proper use of Statistics can help show where a teams going wrong

Chris Coleman clearly does too,because in todays Telegraph he uses them to highlight a trend surely all City fans have noticed

Skybluekev

Was it a great result ?

By Skybluekev on Oct 28, 09 03:27 PM in Fans

LAST SATURDAY'S draw with West Brom has been praised by everybody at Coventry City.
Certainly we managed a clean sheet and without the keeper who has saved us so often in the last few seasons. And it was against a top side

But I left the Ricoh far from elated. We never stretched the Albion keeper to a decent save throughout the game.Chris Coleman made little comment on that,because clearly the main aim was to get a draw

I recall when we were a Premiership club who were never intimidated about playing the Albion at home. I remember last season's home wins against Birmingham and Wolves when we took on those two sides and beat them at thier own free flowing game

PM421339@LS290909ccfc-234.jpg

Leon Best aims to return against Reading

LEON BEST is hoping to be back in action for Coventry City this weekend after an injury scare that he feared would wreck his early season form and chances of playing in the World Cup play-offs against France.

Aron Gunnarsson out of action for another week

CHRIS COLEMAN has mixed news from the Coventry City treatment room where Aron Gunnarsson is set to stay for another week.

BP2853258@.jpg

Dimi Konstantopoulos wants selection headache for Chris Coleman

FORGOTTEN goalkeeper Dimi Konstantopoulos hopes he has done enough to give the Coventry City manager food for thought ahead of Saturday's Ricoh Arena clash with Reading.

Ben Turner: We had to sort out our defence

BEN TURNER is determined that he and his Coventry City team-mates remain on their game to chalk up more clean sheets to put them back in contention in the top half of the Championship.

PM460100@DJ241009CITY_2.jpg

Coventry City 0 West Bromwich Albion 0 - Andy Turner's verdict

COVENTRY City went back to basics to keep their first clean sheet since August 18 and earn a steadying point against the Championship league leaders West Bromwich Albion.

Coventry City get dirty for a point against West Brom

CHRIS COLEMAN praised his Coventry City players for doing a dirty job to get a steadying point against West Bromwich Albion.

AT LAST, a clean sheet,and against one of the best teams in the Championship.

Although I didn't think Albion were that good, they passed it about well, but most teams do against the City, and seeing we had players missing,you have to say, it was a decent result.

PM449798@DJ171009CITY_3.jpg

Coventry City fail to strengthen squad before West Brom derby

CHRIS COLEMAN goes into tomorrow's big local derby with league leaders West Bromwich Albion having been unable to strengthen his depleted Coventry City side.

Coventry City receive Leon Best and Aron Gunnarsson boost

COVENTRY City will put out a patched up side against high-flying West Brom - but received some brighter news on the injury front today.

Skybluekev

Here We Go Again

By Skybluekev on Oct 23, 09 12:06 PM in Fans

IN Football the gap between success and failure can be very small.After the last two games Coventry City have yet again come out on the negative side

A draw and a win which City should have been capable of would have kept them in touch with the upper half of the table. Two defeats have sent them dropping down it

Of course we now face West Brom on Saturday and a poor performance could produce a prolonged dip in our fortunes.

PM370521@LS180809cov-34.jpg

Coventry City chasing striker and defender for weekend

CHRIS COLEMAN is desperately trying to draft in an experienced striker and defender in time for Saturday, when his Coventry City side face a massive task against Championship pacesetters West Bromwich Albion on the back of two bitterly disappointing defeats.

Big Cyrille Regis' divided loyalties for Midlands derby

COVENTRY City legend Cyrille Regis will have divided loyalties at the Ricoh Arena this weekend.