July 2008 Archives

CHRIS Coleman is a brave man.

clintonmorrisonheadshot.jpgNo not because he's taken on the tough challenge of rebuilding the sleeping giant that is Coventry City - 'Cookie' Coleman is a courageous individual because he seems prepared to risk the wrath of Clinton Morrison's mum.

Coleman is keen to sign the free agent which is a bold move given that the Welshman knows just how much of a fiery character Angela Morrison can be. That's because back in December 2002, just two months into Coleman's first coaching stint with Fulham, the Cottagers hosted Birmingham City. During a 1-0 win for the visitors, Morrison, then a Bluenose, clashed with Fulham's Rufus Brevett on the pitch.

But the row continued after the final whistle in the players' lounge when Mrs Morrison waded in. Brevett is said to have told Morrison's mum: "Your son has a big mouth."

And she replied: "I know, he gets it from me."